Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Helmet





Hook size I/9
Yarn: worsted weight in two colors

Ch 2 counts as dc

Hat:
In color A, ch 2, 6 sc in second ch from hook.
Rnd 1= Ch 2, 3 dc in each sc around. Sl st in top of ch 2. (18 dc)
Rnd 2= Ch 2, (3 dc in next dc, dc) around. Sl st in top of ch 2. (36 dc)
Rnd 3= Ch 2, (3 dc in next dc, 3 dc) around. Sl st in top of ch 2. (54 dc)
Rnd 4= Ch 2, (3 dc in next dc, 5 dc) around. Sl st in top of ch 2. (72 dc)
Rnd 5-10= Ch 2, dc around. Sl st in top of ch 2. (72 dc)
Fasten off.

Nosepiece:
Row 1= On the side of the hat opposite of seam, 2 sc, 2 hdc, 4 dc, 2 hdc, 2 sc. Turn.
Row 2= Sk sc, 2 sc, hdc, 4 dc, hdc, 2 sc. Turn.
Row 3= Sc, hdc, 4 dc, hdc, sc.
Fasten off.
Row 4-6= 4 dc in dc. Turn.
Fasten off.

Neckpiece:
Row 11= Beginning at the first sc from the nosepiece, sk 7 dc. Dc in next dc, 45 dc. turn.
Row 12-15= Ch 2, dc across. Turn (46 dc)
Row 16-18= Ch 2, 2 dc in next dc, dc across to last dc, 2 dc in last dc. Turn.
Sc around edges, working 3 sc in corners.
Fasten off.

With color B, cut 6 inch strands and attach to top of hat in a wide stripe. Wrap yarn over hook and insert hook through the hat. Draw the ends through the loop and tighten.

3 comments:

  1. This is so cool; my son will love it. I think I'd like one for myself, too. Thanks for sharing this great pattern. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very glad that you like my blog. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant, just what i was looking for, my kids school project is all about romans etc and what the spartans wore,this is perfect

    ReplyDelete