Wednesday, January 25, 2012

White Chocolate Chip Cookies

     I know these are not the prettiest cookies in the world, (this was the prettiest one out of the whole batch) but I firmly believe that a pretty cookie is a yucky cookie. This belief comes straight from my mother who makes the ugliest cookies ever, but you think you just died and went to heaven when you taste them. Her secret? She doesn't cook them all the way. For instance, her chocolate chip cookie recipe recommends 8 minutes in the oven. My mom only cooks them for 6 minutes. She taught me well and everyone I make cookies for says they are almost as good as my mom's. (I'll take that compliment. Her cookies are seriously delicious)
      This is my husband's favorite cookie. His face lights up like a Christmas tree whenever I make them. And although I am a die-hard dark chocolate woman (none of that fake stuff for me) I love these cookies too.


1/2 C butter or margarine, softened
1/2 C shortening (the butter flavored shortening tastes sooooo much better but regular will do)
3/4 C granulated sugar
1/2 C packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 3/4 C all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 12 oz bag of white chocolate chips

Cream butter and shortening together then add sugars and egg, beat well. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl then stir into butter and sugar mixture. Stir in vanilla and then white chocolate chips. (The recipe says to chill the dough for an hour, but I never did) Spoon dough onto cookie sheets and bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

The cookies are done to perfection when they are gold around the edges and puffy in the middle. Don't worry if they seem goopy when you take them out, they will harden into a nice, crumbly cookie as they cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment